IT Career Paths: Computer Technician
Computer Techncians oversee the operation of computer hardware systems, mainframes, minicomputers, networks and personal computers.
• anticipate problems
• take preventive action
• solve problems that occur during operations
They provide supportive functions for programmers and systems analysts and usually work with little supervision.
• Practical experience; on-the-job elearning
• Specific computer-related elearning
• Technical certifications
• Some community college recommended for advancement
What to Expect:
The skills gained by Computer Technicians are often a stepping stone toward other computer technology careers. Technicians who enhance their skills with further education and certifications maintain a competitive edge to progress within their career field.
Computer Technicians have careers in various industries, including: government, wholesale and retail, manufacturing, data processing, finance, insurance and other information industries.
• Entry-level computer systems design
• Data processing, hosting and related work
• Support to computer software engineers, programmers
INTEC24 Certification Courses:
COMPTIA CORE- Beginner (Take in this order)
MICROSOFT: - Beginner
MCTS- Windows Vista, Configuring
MCAS- Microsoft Certified Application Specialist- Office 2007